Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards DoLS Training
This fully interactive training course led by a healthcare lawyer covers the principles of the Mental Capacity Act 2005, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and the Liberty Protection Safeguards (which will come into force in October 2020). The session will focus on capacity assessments, best interests, and the difference between restriction and deprivation.
The delegates will have the opportunity to discuss their own day-to-day practice with an experienced healthcare lawyer.
Delegates will be taken through the legal position as it currently stands in detail and will be provided with an overview of the proposed changes.
An overview of
- the principles of the Mental Capacity Act
- capacity assessments in detail
- best interests assessments and involving patients’ family and carers
- DoLS authorisations
- the difference between restriction and deprivation
- record keeping
- the impact of recent case law on day-to-day practice
- an overview of the new regime and the steps organisations can take now to prepare themselves