Root Cause Analysis – A Beginner’s Guide
This interactive and practical course will provide a structured approach to incident investigation. Delegates will be guided through gathering the evidence, conducting a detailed analysis of the issues and evidence and production of the final report.
The methodology taught will be one that can be incorporated into the health professional’s working day.
All techniques will be tested through role-play.
- Working out how much information to gather
- How to produce a simple timeline and how to fill in a tabular timeline
- Identifying care and service delivery problems, contributory factors, inadequate and missing systems and producing measurable recommendations
- Putting together the final report and trend analysis
- How to manage your time including practical guidance on running an investigation at the same time as undertaking your usual role
- How to increase staff confidence in producing reports and ensure a consistent approach across an organisation with the provision of report formats and checklists