Root Cause Analysis Quality Assurance Training
This course will equip delegates with the skills to scrutinise and feedback on Root Cause Analysis investigation reports.
Delegates should ideally already be familiar with the tools and methodology required to complete a rigorous RCA investigation. However, the training will include a refresher of the fundamental principles.
The training will focus on applying these principles to the critiquing of, and feeding back on, RCA reports. The session will be case study led using an anonymised incident report although delegates can bring along their own (non-live) anonymised incident reports to the training.
- Establishing that the investigation report has a sound evidence base
- Ensuring the correct use of simple and tabular timelines (the core documents in a RCA investigation)
- Making sure the analysis is robust; CDPs/SDPs/Contributory Factors/Failing and Missing Systems
- Critiquing recommendations/action plans
- Insisting on precision writing
- Providing effective and supportive feedback
- Ensuring the focus is on learning