Social Circumstance Reports Training
Practical challenges exist for practitioners preparing and presenting effective and relevant social circumstance reports. Time limits are short and every case is different.
This training day will assist delegates with time and template management to ensure a consistently high standard of report production and presentation.
The emphases of the day will be confidence, clarity and compliance.
Note: this course refers to the position in mental health cases before the First Tier Tribunal in England.
- Ensure a solid understanding of the provisions of the Mental Health Act 1983, Tribunal Procedure (First Tier Tribunal) (Health, Education and Social Care Chamber) Rules 2008 and the Practice Direction First-tier Tribunal Health Education and Social Care Chamber: Statements and Reports in Mental Health Cases
- Understand what a Tribunal wants from a report: format, content, length and tone
- Develop your legal literacy
- Review requirements for in-patients, community and guardianship patients, conditionally discharged patients and patients aged under 18 years
- Learn the legal principles relating to disclosure of information, and when documents or information may be withheld
- Using templates and how to develop a report checklist
- Understand the Tribunal process and learn evidence presentation skills
- Role-play: produce and present a short report and receive constructive criticism or bring along an anonymised report for critique